1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
125g (1/2 cup) apple purée
1 ripe banana, mashed (or 1 cup tinned pears)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup green banana flour
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup rolled oats
1. Heat oven to 170°C (fan forced)
2. Line 2 x 12-hole mini-muffin trays with baking paper squares
3. Combine all wet ingredients - oil, apple purée, banana and eggs in a large bowl. Puree till light and fluffy.
4. Stir in the flours, baking powder and the chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
5. Press each paper square into baking tray, one at a time. Carefully spoon in mix until three-quarters full. Sprinkle with oats and bake for 10–12 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.
6. Remove muffins from oven and leave to cool in trays for 5 minutes. Place muffins onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in airtight container once completely cooled or freeze.